- Not good
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
FastPictureViewer is fully compatible with:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
FastPictureViewer is also compatible with
- Chinese Simp
Versions of FastPictureViewer
|FastPictureViewer Professional 1.9.329.0 18/11/13||Trial version||English||Download|
|FastPictureViewer Professional 18.104.22.168 19/06/13||Free||English||Download|
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
Minimalist photo viewer to quickly browse image folders
- User-selectable background color. The installer now remembers feature customizations when upgrading.
- Attractive interface
- Very quick to browse entire photo collections
- Only supports JPG format
- Doesn't include any extra tools
"Nowhere as fast as advertised and too many issues"
I like the clean interface (hardly any menu items, just shortcuts). If the program would live up to its promises, it would be part of my workflow.
The problem is: it is not fast at all.
It starts reasonably fast on my editing computer (W7, 12 Gb, 8 core i7, 1Gb graphics card) but not anywhere near the "zero" seconds start claim. Mind you: I gave it max usage of RAM (it uses between 5 and 6 Gb then).
The integration with Windows Explorer looks nice, but once you click on a thumbnail you may have to wait for many seconds to display a RAW file. Sometimes this integration does not work at all and you don't see any thumbnail in your Explorer.
On my notebook (only 4Gb RAM, quad core i7) start-up times are between 8 and 20 seconds when clicking on a RAW file thumbnail or when opening with the last used directory.
TIFF files are another problem.
I think most photographers have TIFF files in photo directories, created when retouching a RAW file in Photoshop. Fast Picture Viewer cannot handle them well and when you are browsing through a directory of photos you have to wait up to a minute to have a TIFF file displayed. In other words: I went back to LR (4) for culling and if I want to view and zoom a large set of photos quickly I can go to View NX.
Already noted in other reviews: the developer has an attitude. I never experienced such rude and aggressive customer support. Also, the guy keeps on focusing on 1 detail of my complaint (TIFF display, he blames Microsoft referring to a knowledge db article about thumbnail creation, which is not the issue here) while ignoring repeatedly all other issues.
If you want to use this software for a professional workflow (culling) I can only say: don't, it looks nice in the beginning but once you start using it the flaws are too big to improve your workflow.
Another thing: in one of the reviews the tethering features of the product are praised, including mentioning of a live “tethered” view. This is not the claim of the developer and the tethering functions are indeed rather limited.
Last but not least, the site advertises a 30-day money back guarantee. Should have scrolled down a bit for a small, hardly noticeable, weird disclaimer that the developer is now using to counter my claim. It tried to find T&C´s on the site but could not find them.
- Fast zooming once image is loaded
- Slow initial load of image
- Cannot handle displaying TIFF files well
- Poor integration with Windows Explorer
- 22 Feb 2013
With Chrome Office Viewer you can open Office documents in Google Chrome Beta. It's currently... See more
Anyone who works with images on a regular basis will be familiar with the default image viewer of... See more
Discover alternatives to and add-ons for FastPictureViewer
- download 3d hardware accelerator card directx 9.0c compatible
- windows 7 home basic free download image viewer
- full form of jpg image file
- stp viewer
- adobe photo viewers
- directx 9.0c compatible 3d accelerated
- fastpictureviewer professional 1.9
- view and use your pictures in windows photo viewer
- free download fastpictureviewer
- hd image viewer
- quick wheel
Other languages FastPictureViewer
- FastPictureViewer in Portuguese (Brazil)
- FastPictureViewer in German (Germany)
- FastPictureViewer in Spanish (Spain)
- FastPictureViewer in French (France)
- FastPictureViewer in Italian (Italy)
- FastPictureViewer in Dutch (Netherlands)
- FastPictureViewer in Polish (Poland)
- FastPictureViewer(32-bit) in Chinese (ZH)